Safety Net Movement Organizer (Full Time)
Equipping the Next Generation of Mothers
Safety Net Community Organizer
Mothering Justice is seeking an effective Safety Net Community Organizer to build relationships with mothers, host mama conversations, recruit, and mobilize mothers. The heart of the job is leading direct action campaigns, and developing a campaign plan to execute the work and civic engagement efforts of our organization. The goal of this position is to deepen the work our members participate in.
- Commitment to social/economic justice and community organizing
- Track record of developing and maintaining relationships with members and recruiting new members (a plus for candidates with experience around safety net issues)
- Good listening and communication skills with a variety of audiences
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet frequent deadlines
- Well-organized and experienced at keeping a work plan
- Self-starter, quick learner, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in coalition and partnership with other organizations
- Flexibility to work weeknights and weekends
- Direct outreach to community members
- Work with legislators and public officials
- Grow our coalition of organizations
- Facilitate group meetings and presentations
- Prepare outreach materials, such as fliers, cards, and posters
- Other relevant tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Eboni Taylor at email@example.com and Nkenge Browner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put (Your LAST NAME)_SAFETY NET MOVEMENT ORGANIZER in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com