- Extensive experience meeting and running a Canvas.
- Experience with Endorsement process for congressional and legislative candidates
- Assist with development of overall strategy for building, maintaining and mobilizing community and political support on a campaign or in an area program
- This position requires knowledge of local, state and national public policy.
- Function as a field organizer in lobbying at the state and local and national levels.
- Provide support to Mothering Justice’s field and phone canvasses, including briefings and training materials for electoral purposes.
- Proven ability to build and develop lasting relationships in diverse communities.
- Past success working with communities and strategic partners, with the ability to cultivate existing relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.·
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.·
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
A bachelor’s degree in business, political or nonprofit leadership with political experience is preferred not required. Other experience includes, but is not limited to, public relations, prospecting, business development and negotiation. Persuasive writing, strong verbal communication and the ability to interact with all persons of the community are key qualifications.
Please email resume to Political Director: Tyler Hayes at Tyler@motheringjustice.org
To apply for this job email your details to Tyler@motheringjustice.org