Movement Fellowship Facilitator (Part-Time)
Equipping the Next Generation of Mothers
Mothering Justice’s Movement Fellowship Facilitator will work as part of a team of two other fellowship leads. Working closely with the MI Executive Director and Logistics Director, the Movement Fellowship is a 9-month training program, designed to coach women on how to become better advocates for families in Michigan. The Mothering Justice Movement Fellowship is perfect for people with little to no organizing experience who want to learn more about organizing and statewide advocacy work. Fellows will participate in whole day trainings once a month and work in their community between training.
- A proven commitment to and passion for justice
- Must have relevant experience in leadership development
- Active interest in curriculum development, program design, research
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter and resourceful
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- A track record of working with underrepresented communities strongly preferred, particularly in communities of color, with demonstrable cultural competency
- Preferred qualifications: Background in organizing and healing practices (i.e. mindfulness, general self-care, etc.)
- Facilitate training sessions every month
- Communicate with and mentor fellows
- Recruit and decide on cohort based on applications received
- Create a 9-month curriculum
- Coordinate with trainers
- Other relevant tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Starting salary is competitive and based on qualifications and experience, plus benefits. This position is classified as part-time exempt.
How to Apply
Send an email to Eboni Taylor at email@example.com and Nicole Banks and firstname.lastname@example.org with “Movement Fellowship” in the Subject line, including a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in this position specifically, directly addressing your interest in leadership development and empowering mothers of color. Applications without a cover letter addressing these topics will not be considered or responded to.
Deadline for submissions: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.