HR Manager (Part-Time)
Equipping the Next Generation of Mothers
Mothering Justice’s Human Resources Manager will work with the MI Executive Director and Logistics Director on human resources/relations (HR) and with other team members on logistics and systems to support the entire Mothering Justice team.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about systems! The part-time HR manager will be a valued member of our team — we recognize the importance of this work. We are a small organization that has grown, has many facets to our work, and is in need of processes to make sure our work is tracked and reportable for many different audiences as easily as possible. The part-time HR Manager will administer HR and support setup of systems and logistics as needed.
- A proven commitment to and passion for justice
- Must have relevant HR credentials
- Active interest in HR and other behind the scenes work that makes all of our work possible
- Proven ability to conceptualize and implement systems
- Experience with HR administration preferred
- Experience with PayChex Payroll System, benefits packages
- Strong project management skills, ability to consistently meet deadlines and/or communicate when things change
- Must be able to work independently, as a team leader, and as part of a team
- A track record of working with underrepresented communities strongly preferred, particularly in communities of color, with demonstrable cultural competency
- Setting up new systems for HR administration and legal compliance
- Program, management & board HR reports
- Assistance with the annual audit
- Contract management for organizational vendors, leases, re-granting
- Bi-weekly payroll administration and oversight of quarterly & annual payroll reporting
- Management of administrative filings and deadlines, including, but not limited to, insurance renewals, charitable solicitation license
- HR administration for all benefits, policies and procedures, personnel files
- Developing and overseeing implementation of other systems – (online) file management, employee evaluation, etc.
- Salary Information
Starting salary is competitive and based on qualifications and experience, plus benefits. This position is classified as part-time exempt.
How to Apply
Send an email to Eboni Taylor at email@example.com and Nicole Banks and firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Manager Applicant” in the Subject line, including a resume and cover letter, and a minimum of 3 references. Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in this position specifically, directly addressing your interest in the HR and other systems creation and management roles of the position. Applications without a cover letter addressing these topics will not be considered or responded to.
Deadline for submissions: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com